Tim JP Collins is the creator and host of The Anxiety Podcast and is known as “The Breakthrough Anxiety Coach.” His life’s work is dedicated to helping people who struggle with stress, anxiety and panic attacks and he draws from his own personal experiences to help coach others on overcoming their stress and anxiety.
In this episode, we will be discussing Tim’s first terrifying anxiety attack that occurred during a business presentation. He shares how that actually led to the business model for his current work. We also dive into some of the strategies and examples he uses for getting out of his comfort zone.
He also tells a powerful story that led him to actually starting his business, and what he calls the Superpower of Anxiety; Tim’s concept of turning nervous energy and anxious energy into actual performance energy.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Tim’s first steps in his entrepreneurship journey.
- The biggest struggles building a business in the baby industry.
- Why sometimes luck can play a big role in your business.
- How to transition from a salary job to being a full-time business owner.
- Experiencing a panic attack; the thoughts and feelings involved.
- Devastating emotional after effects of Tim’s first panic attack.
- Finding your own voice instead of simply “fitting in”.
- Recognizing if your life is creating a situation of anxiety.
- Using life experiences to “practice” for public speaking.
- Turning failure into opportunities of growth.
- Managing your life expenses to diminish the blow of failure.
- Overcoming the imposter syndrome; the concept of micro-exposure.
- The importance of speaking your truth versus lying for the benefit of others.
- A powerful message; don’t wait until you’re perfect to share your message.
- Uncovering anxiety in the workplace; shifting mindsets.
- Tim’s vision for his company over the next few years.
- The challenge: seeking out deeper human connection.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Tim JP Collins — http://www.timjpcollins.com/
Tim on Twitter — https://twitter.com/timjpcollins
The Anxiety Podcast — http://www.timjpcollins.com/podcast/
Unbound Merino — https://unboundmerino.com/ (Promo Code – FAIL ON)
Philip McKernan — http://philipmckernan.com/
Philip on Twitter — https://twitter.com/PhilipMcKernan
Four-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss — https://www.amazon.com/4-Hour-Workweek-Escape-Live-Anywhere/dp/0307465357
Giovanni Marsico — http://www.giftedentrepreneur.com/